You might have heard about the new digital ways of creating art digitally. And now we are here to make everything more clear. Can you remember the 1960s, when for the first time artificial intelligence and art combined together to create simple rule-based systems? That is what today we call AI art. Keep reading and learn more about what it is and how you can use it to build models trained with datasets.
What is AI art?
Before anything, let’s find out what AI art exactly means, which is not hard to explain. The history of this artificial intelligence comes back to the 1960s. Then, in 2021 and 2022, some leaps and bounds make a huge development in this industry. Nowadays, you can use this form of digital art and its artificial intelligence algorithms to create models based on databases, and simple entries, such as text prompts (text-to-image) or images. Also, I should add that there are different types of AI Art, which you can choose among based on your needs:
- GAN (Generative Adversarial Network) to make realistic imagery
- NST (Neural Style Transfer), to use one artist’s style in another image
- Deep Dream, to make the psychedelic picture you want.
- Evolutionary algorithms, in which you can develop your picture based on your feedback.
- Facial recognition to create portraits based on photographs
- Natural language to make a picture of any poetry or story you want.
How does AI art work?
You might have heard the name “generation synthesis”, in which you can use algorithms to form a new image based on parameters you choose. And the function of AI art is the same as this process because to create any AI artwork, you should use a generator, which uses algorithms to analyze the work of human artists. The below steps show all that is called an AI art mission in simple words:
- This process starts with the data you give the generator as a text, such as styles, colors, and compositions.
- Then the generator analyzes human artists’ work and what you want to be considered.
- After some moments, you will find a truly unique and exciting art piece as you wish.
Now you might be wondering which app or tool is the best to choose. And the good news is that you can find the answer to this question in the below paragraph.
Where and how to create AI art?
And finally, if you are interested in using this AI art but do not know where and how you can use it, I suggest you do not miss this paragraph.
- The first and most important level of creating an AI artwork is to search among various AI art generators and their different services to find your favorite. For example, you can try some of the most popular options, like DALL-E, or Stable Diffusion.
- Simply, visit their website and find what they offer and what type of images they create. The best point is that most of these mentioned websites offer free credits, which means you can try them without paying and see if you like them or not.
- After that you decide which generator is the best for you, it is time to do this based on the on-page instructions of the website or what we mentioned in the above paragraph.
Also, if you want to create the best AI art and increase its quality time by time, you should always remember the below points:
- Use clear text commands.
- Always use the digital art world to the text prompt to get images that look like digital art.
- If you want to create life-like results, you can use words like the photo.
- You can type in an artist’s name to return results that appear to have been painted by the artist himself.
In the above text, you read about all details of art, what it means, and how you can use it, the top websites offer this feature. Now, it all depends on you to decide whether you like to use it as another tool in your toolkit or not. Also, if you have any experience in this field, whether successful or unsuccessful, please share it in the comments.